1. Since its beginning in the year 2001, a total of 381 students (Civil and Military) have been successfully graduated from Computer Science and Engineering Department until 2012.
2. Students of CSE Dept, MIST achieved a great success in EALT Mobile Apps Development Contest. Mobile Apps "Save Life" developed by the Students (Ishtiaque & Kazi Munshinabbi) of CSE Dept of MIST secured 2nd runner-up position in the contest among 200 projects (Ref: Computer Protidin, Prothom Alo, Page# 15, 01 April 2013).
3. MIST programming contest teams MIST_Kernel achieved 17th position in team ranking (9th in Institution Ranking) among 150 teams from different universities of Bangladesh, India and China in the ACM International Collegiate Programming Contest Dhaka Regional 2012 which was held at Radisson Blu Water Garden Hotel, Dhaka on 08 December, 2012.
4. Md Mominul Islam (CSE-9) and Samir Sakir (CSE-10) students of CSE department along with other 7 students of AE Dept was selected to take part in NASA's 4th Annual Lunabotics Mining Competition in USA. The Competition will be held on May 20-24, 2013.
5. Students of CSE Department regularly participate in National (NCPC) and International (ICPC) programming contests. During last couple of years, the programming team of CSE dept could uphold their position in the NCPC held at DU, NSU, IUT etc. In ACM/ICPC 2008, MIST Astericks team achieved 7th position and ACM/ICPC 2009, MIST Astericks team placed 8th position. In the recent competitions, the MIST students also up holding this position.
6. In addition to the routine academic activities, students of CSE Department participate in various Inter Department Co-curricular competitions. During last few years, this department became champion in Inter Department Basket Ball Competition (2012), Inter Department Cultural Competition (2012), Inter Department Programming Contest and Gaming Competition (2010) and Inter Department Volleyball Competition (2005). This department also became runner up in Inter Department Debate Competition (2010) and Inter Department Cultural Competition (2009).
7. CSE department conducts seminars on contemporary ICT related subjects/ issues regularly. In the year 2011, this department successfully arranged a seminar on “Roadmap to Digital Bangladesh – Role of ICT Education” and in the year 2009, this department, jointly with Independent University Bangladesh (IUB) organized the 12th International Conference on Computer and Information Technology (ICCIT) 2009.
8. CSE department regularly organize lecture on the career opportunity of CSE graduates in IT related field. In 2011, CSE department organized a lecture on “Career Opportunity for MIST graduates in Therap(BD) Services Ltd.”
9. MIST Online Admission 2010-2011 were successfully implemented under the supervision of this department.
10. “MIST Alumni Association” software has been developed in 2012 under the supervision of CSE department. MIST Student Database and Online Result Processing Software” is being implemented under the supervision of this department.
11. Graduates of CSE department developed “Bangla text to Brail” software for the blind people and won the “IT INNOVATION AWARD” of BASIS EXPO-2011. Students of this department consistently pursue this efforts for such innovative Projects.
12. Md Yousuf, a student of Level-4 of CSE department along with other 4 students of AE Dept was selected to take part in NASA's 3rd Annual Lunabotics Mining Competition held on May 21-26, 2012 in USA.
13. A good number of faculties & graduates of this department are pursuing higher education in BUET & other renowned universities across the globe.